Our History

The Verità-Poeta Palace is an aristocratic mansion of '700s, which name is inherited from the noble family Verità-Poeta, who had always been Verona's residents. The Veritàs' history intertwines with that of the city through the centuries, up to the point of getting lost in its origins.

Due to its convenient location, the place, where the Verità-Poeta Palace arises, had been intensively edified since the antiquity. In fact, the palace is situated in the vicinity to the Roman walls, to the medieval ones, as well as to the Gavi Arch, one of the principle city entrances.

For almost fifty years of the XVIIIth century, the palace was under construction and decoration, in which some of the most famous Italian artists of the time took part. The best known of them was definitely Antonio Galli da Bibiena (1697-1774), a famous European architect and theater builder. The Bibiena's function was to design the entire building, as well as the decoration of the Mail Hall, and to oversee the working processes.

Speaking about other artists having participated in the deed, one should mention Filippo Maccari (1725-1800), Francesco Lorenzi (1723-1787) and Lorenzo Pavia (1741-1764), all portrayed above the doors of the main hall - the Ballroom. This last one, particularly spacious and bright, leads to the other six noble floor halls, all having the surface of 35 - 70 square meters. The main characteristics of these halls are the magnificent frescoes and furnishings, antique and specific. The presence of the name of Pavia among the salon fresco creators allows us to date precisely the end of the palace construction. In fact, Lorenzo Pavia died in December of 1764, after having accomplished the palace decoration work.